Some Einstein Talk
My blog header isn't too apt to my life now. I'm no more bored but I sure am going insane. My college is keeping me busy.. WAIT! so busy than I'm too busy to show off that I'm busy. Yesterday we had this talk by "sorry-I-can't-remember-his-name" on 'How to excel as an individual and as a group'. I can't actually say how relevant his words were to the topic, but he atleast talked about things I love to debate on. One being, how important healthy competition is to achieve success and the other on how anyones performance is RELATIVE. So I thought I'd post something about that.
Every person loves to encourage himself. Thats the way life goes and thats one of the major ways one derives so called happiness. And how do most of us encourage ourselves?? By saying... I stood second atleast or I got more than that guy this time or I ran faster than him. This itself urges one to go about with what he is working on. Lot of people think its determination, sacrifice, hardwork and lots of luck that defines one's success story. O yeah! one needs all that. But what drives him? He can't always depend on himself for motivation nor can he expect himelf to be that strong. Its only competition that drives him. To strive to do better than others propels him. It isn't his ego thats depicted when he desires to match his skills with another person. As long as there is a healthy reason attached to it, one can feel proud to compete.
Noone can truly excel by shying away from others. Improving on one's previous performances is definitely a success but to be known in the world one has to achieve certain pre set standards. Now what are these standards? They are obviously what someone ELSE has attained previously. To excel, in such a case, is to do better than them.One can't determine one's stand without a scale of measurement. And any scale is relative. A person at the top of the scale can afford(not much either) to disregard the growing people. A person who is still growing can't think of just himself. He needs to realise his position and where he is headed for at that point. The magnitude of his goal keeps increasing every second because everyone is improving. Its no blind man's game and its sheer foolishness to think about you as an individual in this ever-so-competitive world.
It all drives down just one point. One undoubtedly needs to work hard and be determined to keep going... but he needs competition to set him going. He works to reduce the relative distance between him and his goal. This in turn increases efficiency level and alters the magnitude of the last determined goal. There is nothing wrong in comparing yourself with someone else. It only hurts when someone else does it for you. Only when you yearn to excel will you understand my theory of relativity.
Every person loves to encourage himself. Thats the way life goes and thats one of the major ways one derives so called happiness. And how do most of us encourage ourselves?? By saying... I stood second atleast or I got more than that guy this time or I ran faster than him. This itself urges one to go about with what he is working on. Lot of people think its determination, sacrifice, hardwork and lots of luck that defines one's success story. O yeah! one needs all that. But what drives him? He can't always depend on himself for motivation nor can he expect himelf to be that strong. Its only competition that drives him. To strive to do better than others propels him. It isn't his ego thats depicted when he desires to match his skills with another person. As long as there is a healthy reason attached to it, one can feel proud to compete.
Noone can truly excel by shying away from others. Improving on one's previous performances is definitely a success but to be known in the world one has to achieve certain pre set standards. Now what are these standards? They are obviously what someone ELSE has attained previously. To excel, in such a case, is to do better than them.One can't determine one's stand without a scale of measurement. And any scale is relative. A person at the top of the scale can afford(not much either) to disregard the growing people. A person who is still growing can't think of just himself. He needs to realise his position and where he is headed for at that point. The magnitude of his goal keeps increasing every second because everyone is improving. Its no blind man's game and its sheer foolishness to think about you as an individual in this ever-so-competitive world.
It all drives down just one point. One undoubtedly needs to work hard and be determined to keep going... but he needs competition to set him going. He works to reduce the relative distance between him and his goal. This in turn increases efficiency level and alters the magnitude of the last determined goal. There is nothing wrong in comparing yourself with someone else. It only hurts when someone else does it for you. Only when you yearn to excel will you understand my theory of relativity.
3 Comments:
I'll second that :)
Oh, and you still need to learn to type properly... ;)
poo i din't read all the stuff but u really needn,t taste the entire jar of caviar to say its good...buddy ...it rocks!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home