A kid I shall be...
Most of my friends are kids. I can talk to a baby for an hour, even if it is one year old and can’t say a word. O! I can talk to “talking” Korean kids too!
Does that make me a kid?
My dad still drops me at the bus stop. He is such a companion to my friends sometimes, that I stare from the other corner and wish he could leave me alone at the bus stop atleast. Only when I get into the bus do I breathe the familiar air of grown-upness :-D. Once in the bus, getting ragged and keeping the cell phone safe becomes matters of concern for the kid.
Does that mean I am partially a kid?
I got my first bus pass 3 months back.
So I was a kid till then eh, dad?
But why am I still being dropped at the bus stop? Why is my talk time still restricted?
Though I am younger to my brother I always felt I was a bigger kid. I went to school and junior college by bus. I still go to college by bus. It was never that way with him. He went to school by bus( he had no choice… I needed company!). He hardly went to college because of the million tennis tournaments he played for those dreaded AITA points and ranking. But when he did, he went with his friends or on his bike. And NOW, to add fire to this poor kids soul, he is getting a car (which is ABSOLUTELY unfair dad if you are reading this:-(). I have not yet been to the movies with my friends but my brother was allowed to go to any random place when he was just 13. My brother could grow up(not even grow…. Kind of a leap, don’t you think?). Why not me? I am ok with not-allowed-to-movies part. But sometimes I really want them to know I am 18 and I can look after myself.
The past few days, mom and dad were making huge plans to go somewhere( I didn’t bother to listen!). One thing, that was enough to let me day-dream, was the possibility of living alone. My bro too wouldn’t be there. He is old enough to go anywhere.
So I was finally considered big.
YAY! YAYIEE!!
Call that some achievement. I felt like I was the only other person who understood the theory of relativity (the theory of growing up in-fact) besides Enistein. I was planning like I had never planned. My plan looked something like this-
5 Am - wake up! (you need to cook)
6 Am - Get bored of your phone ringing and get up
The house is all yours babe! Do whatever you want…
8 Am - Realise the bus leaves in 45 minutes and drink milk without brushing teeth. ( I always wanted to have bed milk:-P I don’t drink coffee.)
8:45 Am - Reach the bus stop somehow and manage not to miss the bus.
6:30 Pm - Get back home half hour late. Have chat on the way, hoping against hope that mom hasn’t called home and talked to an unanswered phone.
7 Pm - Eat maggi!
8 Pm - Make dinner.
9 Pm - Ruin 3 vessels and decide Uma’s mom cooks better. ( Uma is my 3-year old friend!)
10 Pm - return from Uma’s house.
12 midnight - get fed up of the computer.
1 Am - get bored of messaging the same guys.
2 Am - sleep cursing 24 hours of freedom is too less for an eighteen year old kid.
*curses*
*curses*
Saturday morning mom decided to stay back. She was apparently scared to leave me alone. I have no words. Terrible insult... I made no attempt to convince her and ruin any forthcoming chances. I am still 18. Next year I’ll be older by one year. I’d probably be a 19 year old unkid. I’d better wait and find out.
For now I am a kid and I can’t do anything about it, sadly...
Poornaa: I am 18…. I am a MAJOR!
Dad: O yes! You are a major kid….. And STOP wailing like a kid.
P: So I shouldn’t act like a kid… but I am still a kid eh?
D: You can’t act like a kid. You are 18.
(dad exits… irritated).
P: (shouts) That’s what I have been telling youuu.......
And I still silently wail.
A kid I shall be...
BOO HOO!
Does that make me a kid?
My dad still drops me at the bus stop. He is such a companion to my friends sometimes, that I stare from the other corner and wish he could leave me alone at the bus stop atleast. Only when I get into the bus do I breathe the familiar air of grown-upness :-D. Once in the bus, getting ragged and keeping the cell phone safe becomes matters of concern for the kid.
Does that mean I am partially a kid?
I got my first bus pass 3 months back.
So I was a kid till then eh, dad?
But why am I still being dropped at the bus stop? Why is my talk time still restricted?
Though I am younger to my brother I always felt I was a bigger kid. I went to school and junior college by bus. I still go to college by bus. It was never that way with him. He went to school by bus( he had no choice… I needed company!). He hardly went to college because of the million tennis tournaments he played for those dreaded AITA points and ranking. But when he did, he went with his friends or on his bike. And NOW, to add fire to this poor kids soul, he is getting a car (which is ABSOLUTELY unfair dad if you are reading this:-(). I have not yet been to the movies with my friends but my brother was allowed to go to any random place when he was just 13. My brother could grow up(not even grow…. Kind of a leap, don’t you think?). Why not me? I am ok with not-allowed-to-movies part. But sometimes I really want them to know I am 18 and I can look after myself.
The past few days, mom and dad were making huge plans to go somewhere( I didn’t bother to listen!). One thing, that was enough to let me day-dream, was the possibility of living alone. My bro too wouldn’t be there. He is old enough to go anywhere.
So I was finally considered big.
YAY! YAYIEE!!
Call that some achievement. I felt like I was the only other person who understood the theory of relativity (the theory of growing up in-fact) besides Enistein. I was planning like I had never planned. My plan looked something like this-
5 Am - wake up! (you need to cook)
6 Am - Get bored of your phone ringing and get up
The house is all yours babe! Do whatever you want…
8 Am - Realise the bus leaves in 45 minutes and drink milk without brushing teeth. ( I always wanted to have bed milk:-P I don’t drink coffee.)
8:45 Am - Reach the bus stop somehow and manage not to miss the bus.
6:30 Pm - Get back home half hour late. Have chat on the way, hoping against hope that mom hasn’t called home and talked to an unanswered phone.
7 Pm - Eat maggi!
8 Pm - Make dinner.
9 Pm - Ruin 3 vessels and decide Uma’s mom cooks better. ( Uma is my 3-year old friend!)
10 Pm - return from Uma’s house.
12 midnight - get fed up of the computer.
1 Am - get bored of messaging the same guys.
2 Am - sleep cursing 24 hours of freedom is too less for an eighteen year old kid.
*curses*
*curses*
Saturday morning mom decided to stay back. She was apparently scared to leave me alone. I have no words. Terrible insult... I made no attempt to convince her and ruin any forthcoming chances. I am still 18. Next year I’ll be older by one year. I’d probably be a 19 year old unkid. I’d better wait and find out.
For now I am a kid and I can’t do anything about it, sadly...
Poornaa: I am 18…. I am a MAJOR!
Dad: O yes! You are a major kid….. And STOP wailing like a kid.
P: So I shouldn’t act like a kid… but I am still a kid eh?
D: You can’t act like a kid. You are 18.
(dad exits… irritated).
P: (shouts) That’s what I have been telling youuu.......
And I still silently wail.
A kid I shall be...
BOO HOO!
10 Comments:
Poo...(if I am allowed to call you that) How can you be such a kid???
OK...just kidding ;-D. You'd better pull up your socks and tell your parents to grow up.
Donno what to say about the post... but did you really write this at 6:30 in the morning? :)
paal kudikkara paapa... hey im not insulting u... translate the last word in2 english... babe... now thats a compliment aint it? so basically this whole phrase was an oxymoron!
Anusha:
Tell my parents to grow up eh!? Lets see...
Varun:
I wrote it in the morning and published it in the evening. Forgot to change the time tho' :-D
VBK:
Babe aaa :-O?!?!
LOL thanks machaan.
hi poo.commenting for the 1st time.ur stuff is 2uu gud.keep riting.tat's all i can say for now.
i gues some talkin n some prooving oneself is required.....rests up to u poooo.............
luv u anywayzz
Divya:
Thanks!
Anony/Aks:
You know how much I have talked. You know how much we have talked. I better wait.
Love you too.
It's a matter of choice to act grown up or kiddish. You chose the latter, I guess it'll be so for many years to come until realisation dawns. Take care
Funny to d core... can't stop laughing... :P :D
And what not... Oh my GOD, never knew all this were up ur sleeves....
itssssssssss guuuuuud NNNNN really fuuuuuuny poooooooooo.
Post a Comment
<< Home