Sunday, March 05, 2006

The ode of a scolded soul

The other day I and my Dad had a huge fight. But since he had to drop me off at college I buttered him up and made him drive. He was still angry with me so I didn't bother him much.

I managed to look at him only once to see if he was looking at me and he wasn't. I continued with my lab record. I love finishing that in the car. I have this weird habit of singing while doing other things. That day too I was singing and suddenly I realised he was staring rather glaring at me. I stopped singing.

After sometime, forced by habit, I began to sing again. This time my dad got pretty serious and told me he would never drop me unless I stopped singing.

Poo: Whats your problem if I sing?

Dad: Its not you singing. Its the song.

Poo: What the... I was only singing saanwariya....?!?

Dad: WHAT?

I stopped. I knew what went wrong.

I shall never sing saanwariya again.

Actually I shall never sing that when my dad is angry and around.

For those who are a tamilian and didn't still get it.... Ok no jumping into the well or anything just read on...

To the innocent -- saanwariya means 'are you dying' in tamizh.

When will he understand Hindi as hindi?

5 Comments:

Blogger Varun B. Krishnan said...

err... u could stop singing anyway... world will move towards new order of peace... ;-)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kartik said...

Insult insult :o

BTW, " ... my dad and I had a huge fight ... ", not " .. I and my dad ... " :-) But then pride doesn't go easily :-P

11:24 PM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Damn... TK beat me to the I and my dad bit so I can't think of anything else to say...

Sing some Marilyn Manson songs next time... I bet he'll beg you to sing Saanwariya or any other song after that :)

Hey I did say something after all! Yay!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. "Are you dying?" Oh man... lol.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work!! i finally cared to speak
what is sanjay playing at anyway
he is avoiding a direct reply
abhijith

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home