Thursday, April 06, 2006

Lucky?

I always thought everyone was equally lucky. I still think so. But I never managed to convince myself on the fact that there exists no such thing as lucky things.

The thing that is forcing me to make this post is - My Scale. Ok I know I am foolish to believe in such things but I soo want to know if I have company.

I have been using the same scale ever since I got it in 4th. I can't think of a day when I didn't carry it. Somehow its presence meant and means a lot to me. Its always there in that little pouch of mine. Always. Especially during exams. My moral support. My scale.

I have had other lucky things too. My grand dad's pic when I was in 8th. A pen that he gifted, which doesn't write anymore and a lot of other things.

Ooooo Did I tell you?
I still have my 6th class ink eraser. Its of no use now. Neatness has lost its value these days(except when you are writing your record). Yet it faithfully resides in the said little pouch. Poor little thing is more like a carrier of junk which I conveniently term lucky. I trust my conscience though. I score more than 90, its because of the scale I used to draw lines - however broken it is. It happens. Surely a lot of you would have felt this way at some point of time. I have also hugged the pillow my granma used, for months after she left for Chennai. Its just the assurance. More like a feeling of her presence. Hehe! I never let my mom touch my hair after my granma tamed it. I always felt she was lucky - for me atleast. Love you tons patty!

Back to the lucky scale. The driving force behind this post. Now you know how lucky to the world it is. It gives you more of me:-D. The scale was temporarily lost in the chemistry lab today. Thats when I realised helplessness could drive you nuts.

O well I found it though, under the Physical balance after much swearing and wasted minutes. The joy. The pleasure. AHHH!

Ok none of all that. I was just happy. Lucky things are bound to stay with you. They infact send out these waves that make you reach them. What are they for, afterall? To make you lucky. Felix Felicis.

So thats about things. I am into numbers too. LUCKIEST NUMBER 1.
All my hall ticket numbers till date summed to 1. I guess I don't know how lucky other numbers can get. I never got to find out. For all I know, 5 and 2 suck for me. 1 rocks. 7 might rock more. I don't know. I might never know. I don't have the time or an opportunity to experiment. Things have become far more important now. Especially time. Which tells me its time to sleep.

Those special things will remain. Whether luck or belief or madness, they will continue to haunt my bag until the earth rots. O wait. Swearing on rotting earth has become as easy as a mosquito bite these days. So lets say.... Until Vodka becomes Vodkaa.

14 Comments:

Blogger ASHWIN KRISHNAN said...

Hey sweetie... cute blog re. Hope your luck always keeps you intact and ALL THE BEST for your future endaevors.. :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Lucky scale eh? I had this old watch I wore for around 10 yrs... until it stopped working...

Nice post.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got above 90 always... u are an alien... :p

7:39 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Ashwin:
Thanks!
Whats with all the Maska tho'?:-P

Varun:
Watch eh? What watch was it? And why was it so special?

Sagaro:
Yup!
But alien? Now WHAT exactly am I?

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think Ive ever had a scale for more than a week. Oh wait, there was that green round one,, which someone stole in 2nd year! That was sooo special to me....

10:23 PM  
Blogger Varun B. Krishnan said...

romba over sentiment aama... adadaa... enakku andha maadhri nothing. I just need a pen.. or a pencil. any pen or a pencil. which might write, or which might not write. I just need it to spin around. You know, spin it around my thumb and catch it again. fancy trick i learnt over the years. Or you know, dismantle a pen during the course of a lecture, imagining it to be the lecturer who at that time would be mokkai pottufying.

Ivlo sentiment and all. I still cant believe u've had it for so many darn years without losing it!!! (touchwood)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Some Lorus Sports watch re... it wasn't 'special' as such, but I guess it kinda became special after I wore it for sooo long. Probably the same with your scale... wasn't special when you bought it, became special after all the years you had it with ya.

Come to think of it, your scale is as old as my watch :P


Damn I can't make out the letters in this word verification thingy...

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poo babe i know tht graphix sux n mechanix tho lite lo....but talkin n actually postin 'bout a so-called lucky scale n other "lucky" stuff????????are u ok da.im worried

12:28 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Anonymous/Joey:
Green round scale? You mean....round?:-O

VBK:
aamam sentiment. I dont have the pen handling habit. Lots of people I know have it tho'. Keep touching wood.:-D

Varun:
Is the watch still with you?:-O

Word verification is the best thing that ever happened.

Chitra:
I am ok. I am ok. Surely until graphics tomorrow....:((

11:48 PM  
Blogger Kartik said...

To each his own luck ...

I suppose all this if you really have the luck - nothing to be done without it.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never expected poo babe 2 believe all such stuff. but newayz i don wanna hurt u.u can hv such belief on lucky numbers n scale n pillow n other things...but not 2 such an extent babes n i do respect ur SENTIii...sss..n asusual ur blog rockzzz..n dis topic is very different 4m others.nice blog babes.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Sush:
Hehe!
C++ effect or what?
<<, ::, >>?? LOL!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Camphor said...

Eh, let something go well, and I'd call it lucky.
I'm afraid to attach such importance to things, probably because I keep loosing stuff - pens, pencils, erasers, scales, the odd baby or two...

7:52 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

@ Camphor:
When you lose things fast you usually call them unlucky. Erasers have always been unlucky for me. Never used one for more than 2 days. They hate(d) me probably.
Unlucky things....:D

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home