Sunday, April 30, 2006

This or that or both?

How does it feel to be in love?

How does it feel when you know he/she loves you?

To be in a relationship is an amazing thing. Lot of my friends are or claim to be in one.

I am not jealous. Life is not just about having someone to be with. There is always mom and dad and friends. So yeah, it really isn't sad to not have a special being (minus parents and friends again) in one's life. But living for someone is not the only life that we are expected to live. One probably means a lot when he says "I cannot live without this girl". What he fails to understand is, he can also live his own life while being there for the girl.

Why do people drown themselves in a relationship and call it love? We don't see our parents so much into eachother, do we? Each of them have a life of their own. They just chose to lead a part of their life together.

A lot of my friends do crazy things. They fail exams too (besides ditching friends and classes). They supposedly have a reason. Why attach a reason to something so baseless?
How can one just make this suddenly - sweet guy their life? Ok, probably its a much-thought of affair. Then, how can they think so little about their own life? If to satisfy her guy is all she wants to do, why even study? If she can't balance both, why not choose one? Oh! I know I ought to help her, as a friend. Neither can I study for her nor can I live with her guy. I basically can't live her life. (I do NOT have any particular girl in mind)

Me : You planning to attend the meeting?

He : No, I need to meet her.

Me : When do you plan to study for the test?

She : Whenever he lets me do it. I'm not giving him enough attention these days....


Oh Hell! Your life is going to dogs and you aren't even half as concerned. Right. You have a reason. You are trying to say that your life is all messed up but its justified. Do you see how dumb that is?

Its not wrong to be in a relationship. Its wrong to be only in it. Its not trendy to have a girl/boy friend. If you think it is, you should also know how much meaning to attach to it. Even if you think its not, all the other things still mean the same to you.

You couldn't care less about what he/she will have to say about something. You choose for yourself. Its afterall your life. Its better this way. You have a life to fall back on, if the whole thing doesn't go the way it was supposed to. If it does then nothing like it.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont think I quite understood what exactly you're trying to say here. Maybe a bit of first hand experience will help. Or maybe I'm just stupid.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Hehe full twisty twisty language... anyway I got what you're saying (atleast I think I did).

Thank God I'm gf-less :D

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poo babe u rock !!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey poo finally u made sense.. lol... and plz.........forward ur post to aneesh ur very gud friend..

take care
U KNOW WHO I AM.. DONTYA??

4:02 PM  
Blogger anusha said...

Nice lovely plum post. Good job. Great work. Hope it lasts all summer. :P
It made LOTS of sense. okay? Now may I...???
Thankyou.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not you too... In every single girl's blog I read, this topic has to pop up some time or other... why?

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog da.but i dun understand whom r u pointin out ova der?whos dat clssmate?u made sense in dat....y do ppl fall in luv?...may b they luv spoiling their own life..heheheheeeeeee.......at d same time v shud respect few luv stories babes...i think u understood...whom i meant...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Joey:
What first hand experience?

Varun:
Good good

Anonymous:
Yeah yeah I know!

Hitesh:
How did you guess it was about him?

Anusha:
Sure.

Sagaro:
I don't know. But whats it to do with every single girl? I have seen guys writing about it too. Anywayy....

Sush:
Yeah yeah definitely. "That" story and all different thing. No way related to what I wrote. With all due reshpect to him and her....

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropped in via sagaro's blog. Well the thing is would u have written the stuff if u were in a relationship? You see people don't understand that they are ruining their career (u don't know before making a mistake that u r making one :) ) its becoz love is blind and the youth passion just overlooks everything, from career to parents..

8:22 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Sharique:
I would have still written the stuff.
Its not always that you learn from your mistakes. We live in a society to learn from it. So youth/people definitely know everything is not allright. They have seen people around.
I understand love is blind. Love the girl/boy. Love everything else too.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Kartik said...

Man you need to be introduced to Venugopal -- a.k.a the Poetic Necromancer.

Honestly.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Kraktik:
Why?:S

Really.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Velocity said...

I'm yet to see people so dumb. Or blinded you might say.

9:11 PM  
Blogger ASHWIN KRISHNAN said...

Nice one yaar... I completely agree with u :)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its really gggguuuuuuuuuud yar.
by readng ur blog hope atleast some ppl will realise "wats life basically is"n try 2 live thre life 2the FULLEST.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Varun B. Krishnan said...

couldnt have agreed with u more!!! :-)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would not judje your blog post as it is for now...
and neither would i say it is senseless... coz it makes a very sensible point...
what i do not understand is that wot could have triggered this strong opinion
so very abruptly... in a blog which otherwise looks so lively???

whoever you may be... but ur words have inspired me to speak out my opinion...
if not today.. atleastr in the very near future...

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home