Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2 Things

I am bored.

So don't be the mommy around and ask me to study. Our Kartik boy has spoken only "2 things" for quite sometime now. So I decided I'll suttufy the title for my "THIS" post (which you can obviously see). Not that this post could have any other name. Since he posted it first and Kaavya Vishwanathan taught me better, here we go with some acknowledgement. Or have I already done it?

Warning : In the end DO NOT CURSE ME FOR SOME WASTED MINUTES. Its a lame joke.

There was a Sardarji who went for an interview to get into the army.
As he sat waiting for his turn, he began to think. (Certain facts like brains and their existence are supposed to be overlooked)
He realised he had 2 things. This is what he told the person next to him.

I have 2 things.

I enter the room or I don't enter the room.

If I don't its ok but if I do then there are 2 things - I'll get selected or I wont.

Now if I don't get selected its ok but if I do then there are 2 things - I'll be in the front of the regiment or back of the regiment.

If I am back its ok but if I am in the front then there are again 2 things. I'll go for the war or I won't.

If I don't its ok but if I do there are again 2 things - I'll die or I wont die.

Now if I don't die its ok but if I die then there are 2 things - I'll be burnt or buried.

If I am buried its ok but if I am burnt then there are 2 things - They'll take my ashes or they wont.

If they dont take my ashes its ok but if they do then there are 2 things - They'll add it to soap or they wont. (Dont ask me how this came up?!?)

If they don't its ok but if they do then there are 2 things - A boy will use it or a girl will use it.

If a boy uses it, its ok but if a girl uses it ....................

.............................

.............................

.............................

I'LL FEEL SHY.

All those who read till here, thank ye all for sharing my boredom and reading a piece of my creative mind. I shall forever be grateful.

PS: I realise I need to thank Rudyard Kipling too. "If" was an inspiring poem.

PPS: Got maths tomorrow. Where is all the good luck I asked for?

12 Comments:

Blogger Kartik said...

Gee good luck - though not for Maths - looks like you need it to stave off the extraordinary boredom you seem to currently be in the throes of.

Tsk tsk.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Wadd this is not a forward? You wrote this yourself?? :P

3:39 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Krako:
Thanks!

Varun:
YESSS! I wrote it!
WTF? You think only you are good at pjs?;)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Varun B. Krishnan said...

wattha... indha maadhri M O C K A I en vaazhkayil padichadhe kidayaadhu!!!

its NOT a lame joke... its MOCKAI!!! pa.

all the best for math and stuff :-)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Velocity said...

!! No words. Anyways, good luck.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

I think i can summarise and comment on this post better... "Boredom breeds insanity" :P

And here is good luck to you... *clenches teeth and sways fist at invisible man in the air* .. yaay!! Good luck!

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I remember the first time you told me this. I was still waiting for the "joke" when you finished. The look on your face was priceless.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWO WORDS FOR U:

if i rite here thr vl b 2 things,ull lik it or ull not lik it

if u lik it ok ,if u dont then thr r 2 things, ull hate me or ull not hate me

if u hate me ok ,if u dont hate then then two things, u luv me or u dont luv me

if u dont luv me its ok , but if u do luv me,then thr r two things
ull lik vat i hav or ull not lik it..

if u lik it ok....(n it goes on)

MORAL OF DA STORY: This is how sardarjis think!!!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

@ Sudipta:
It sure does. This boredom....
And thanks for the wishes.

@ Joey:
Ahh! LIAR!
You laughed that day. Before I told you it was a joke.

@ Anup:
They don't think.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? I remember laughing right through it, but not laughing when I was supposed to.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Joey:
LOL yeah! TRUE!
I told this to you at the bus stop right. Good old days.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Vemana said...

Well a post abt boredom.. suits it..
the interesting part were the comments.. u have a nice viewer base.. new entrant is me ...

p.s:IF--truly remarkable poem

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home