Sunday, June 25, 2006

Reliving the past...

Feels great to be eating mommy cooked food again. I got back from Vizag a few days ago and I am proud of two things. O yeah! 2 things…..
1) The sexy tan that has made my face and hands 3 shades darker than what they were.
2) I learnt the JILELE DANCE.

Last two weeks have been the best time of my life. First I go to Bangalore alone. Then I go to Vizag partly alone. The important word is “ALONE”. So YAY to the fact that I am finally considered “almost grown up”.

The only thing worth blogging about the Bangalore trip has already been blogged about. So go ahead, read it. Here is my version.
Anusha and I met. We went to this beautiful place called Sanki tank and on the way she treated me to a set dosa. We found some brainy migratory researching crows there. We also found a kingfisher and got scolded by the watchman (who was sadly awake when we were breaking the rules) for NOT walking on the pavement. So that’s basically what we did. Ooo we walked some 4 kms, I think.

Bottom line – Anusha can’t estimate walkable distances OR Anusha comes from a planet where people haven’t heard of autos or buses.
Stunning fact - I wasn’t tired but SHE was. I am fit! I am fit!! I am healthy! I am healthy!! Ok I shhhsss..

I return from Bangalore and go to Vizag almost immediately. I go to Vizag sounds dumb. We(which is like 12 of us from school) go, sounds better. Everything we did there is worth a blog post. So here are some highlights in apna Karan Johar ishtyle.


Day 1:

The Aquarium was seen and loads of pics were taken.
We went to some beach later, called RK beach (Now who wants to know names. Some place with sand and water). This beach and all the other beaches there were weird. There was sand only for a 100 meter (unlike marina or even elliot’s beach for that matter where the sand and water stretches to eternity!) stretch and it was BLACK. Probably I am used to seeing only madras beaches. Strange, in any case. Since we were dressed too much for the beach we decided to walk along the shore to the submarine museum. Some parrots got lucky on the way. Cute little thing picked up a nice card for me. This is what it had to say:

I am stubborn. I make my own decisions but they never work out( How true!). I shouldn’t have anything to do with the colour BLACK (That’s my favourite colour. What nonsense? And I was sitting on black contaminated sand too. Now do I trust the parrot?). I am going to get married to someone abroad and have three children, girl boy girl being the order. (LOL! So if you are an eligible bachelor having plans of settling down in Switzerland or Sweden or some such place where the anticipated growth rate for the next 10 years is zero or close to zero, YOU ARE THE GUY!)
Meanwhile another friend got his predictions made. He was going to settle abroad too. So we both were made some just - married couple honeymooning with 10 disturbing friends. Wow! What fun!

All this done we find the museum does not open till 2 PM. Result - Another beach (rishikonda to be precise) was seen, more wetness was felt and more sleep was needed.

Day 2:

Ishan was made my temporary husband’s father just the way Einstein became Newton’s father. And I come up with a funda relationship about my mother – in – law’s mother-in-law being my husband’s grandmother. Total confusion but FUN! Ishan had 2 other kids too. So basically the threesome were called Pashu, Pakshi aur Puneeth (Puneeth being my H… Pashu being another Ishan, jo ishu ishu pashu ban gaya! Don’t forget to check out this community on orkut and pakshi I don't know who).
We went to this place called Kailash giri. You have to go there! Its got such an amazing view, you wouldn’t want to leave.


Day 3:

The Best day of the trip. We visited the ARAKU VALLEY! We went by train to Araku. This train goes through 52 tunnels (Longest being some 847 meters) We sat on those steps in the train(Footboarding basically!). Its one AWESOME experience. You can actually kick the walls of the tunnels seated that way. Sooooper FUN! Araku has loads of things to boast about. Every village in the valley has electricity. Way to go AP!
Lunch time was the best time though. There was this tribal dance arranged and we all got to dance at the end of it along with the tribal women. So there we were dancing to yeh yeh yeh yeh hoooi! Jilele jilele jhumpathakati jilele! Can't wait for someone to upload the pics. What comedy!
I wont talk about the Borra caves of the kanmani anbudan kaadhalan/Guna fame. It’s a different world in there. And I assume I lost some 3 kgs climbing down and up the 1000+ steps. Phew!!!

Araku to Vizag by bus was something the entire gang will never forget. 4 hours, around 150 random songs, nonstop.... We were the in-house FM. Now I have a throat that croaks.

Song of the day: Yeh haseen vaadiyaan. A.R. Rehman rocks.

Day 4:

We all got into the car as usual and were Pjing to glory. The best part of going with a lot of people is there is atleast one person who has a stunningly bad sense of humour and even your worst jokes are laughed at. So pj being the word of the day, my friend suddenly said there was a lizard staring at me through the gap between the car door and the roof and I looked at the place to somehow (Oh! I was PJing too) make the curtain look like a lizard( Even if you aren’t an artist, Borra caves can make you realise how creative you are. What if you can make a steam engine out of a stalactite!?), when I saw a smashed baby lizard actually peeping. Mucho screaming was heard and we girls were stacked in one place. My cell phone very sweetly made a call to my Uncle in Bangalore (DAMN!) in all the jumping around and my uncle faithfully answered the call and listened to all of us for 53 seconds. ( I would have gone wild if he hadn’t hung up at 53. Bloody five rupees on a lizard otherwise.Dead that too.) After the pichaaked lizard was given a kick ass funeral we went to this village called Bhimli which claimed to have a sexy beach. And what did we find there?

SEXY MEN ?? O Sure! If only my luck was slightly better. Slightly…..

Ok lets cut the suspense here.
No SEXY women either.

Poor guys - they didn’t even have fully clothed women to stare at. ( I know! SADNESS! Everyone can’t be as lucky, you know…)

All we had was a football, water till the end of the world and hot sand.

So we drew a huge circle and started dancing.

Lights off…… Loud music…… Lights on…. Jilele Jilele jhumpathakati jilele!

Man! three rounds of that dance (Once with me in the middle and once with the football too), people started crowding around us like we were some street dancers. We had plans of collecting money too, but a huge wave washed away the circle and our plans. A huger circle was later drawn and we played what we termed “THE BEACH DODGE - BALL”.

Soon it was time to leave and here I am blogging about the sweet memories, waiting badly for next year’s trip. Actually, the next 72 years. I am going to live till 90 according to the parrot sweetheart!

15 Comments:

Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

So basically even if I cracked a PJ, somebody would laugh? :D

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh...i thot poos finnaly grown up...n then me thot ok may b not ... but u actually kept me glued to it ...quite n achievement.....ilove the way u write sweetheart.to good

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoooooooooo pooooooo!!!!!!!!
CNGR888SSSSSssssssssssssss(hehehe)........wanna a partyyyyyyyy.............

11:45 PM  
Blogger anusha said...

Mmm....gosh you did have fun!!! And i thought tan was the most un-sexy thing!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Varun B. Krishnan said...

encore! encore! awesome fun u must've had.. hey you should've included ur analysis about the purple coloured house! lol.. and a couple of things:

climbing down and up the 1000+ steps.

why the hell do u always get it reverse? its UP and then down ok va? similarly, in one of ur previous articles.. 'i and my dad' it seems. its 'my dad and i'!!!

i mean... how can u come down the 1000+ steps if u hadn't climbed up first? pa.. now dont crack a PJ like i'll use a plane or some shit.

Poor guys - they didn’t even have fully clothed women to stare at.

poornaa.. guys dont want to stare at fully clothed women.. they would prefer them half clothed or whatever!! lol.. ok free aa vidu.. ;)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Varun:
Surely... Someone would have.

Aks:
Im growing!
hehe!

Sri:
Sure sure! Once I get really married.

Anusha:
Tan is super sexy!

VBK:
Machaaan.... You should go to borra caves first. Ok see caves aren't road level or landlevel or whatever. Borra caves is BELOW road level. So first go down and then climb back up.
And the fully clothed part - What I meant was leave alone half clothed or whatever(?) there weren't fully clothed women either(except us ie) to try and stare at.

Purple colour is konjam personal, dont you think?;)

5:53 PM  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee said...

Oh... so you were the folks we saw on the beach that day and thought the rumours of a mad-house breakout were true!! :P

Just kidding! Looks like you had fun time... keep posting!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, awesome! You seem to have had greeeaaatt fun! Next time, invite me!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey poooooo......finaly u grew up lolzz........i think u had lods of fun all these days..n i liked that "Jilele jilele jhumpathakati jilele!"......keep posting such things babyyyyyy....POO....

12:05 AM  
Blogger Velocity said...

Hehhe, nice post. But whats so Karan Joharish about it?

PS: I'll learn to jilele someday!!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pooo..... loved da way u described our trip.we rocked!!!!!!!!didnt we???????? looking forward 2 such trips in future.

ps: gr8 going. our jilele is getting very popular!!!!!!!he he

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah.....this is a reel gud piece.....a perfect blog which is very lively n da best part is pooh's jokes...which reely made me laugh..(no exaggeration)......it made me feel as if i'm one among her frnds who were wid her through out the trip.... ummm dats all i wanna say...cheers pooh....gud job....

7:10 PM  
Blogger Poornaa Venkatesan said...

Sudipta:
Mad house? LOL....
Freak house actually.:-P

Joey:
Sure!
Will invite you.

Sush:
JIlele!!!! Its an amazing dance.

Velocity:
I'll teach you....:-D

Nisha:
We rocked and ruled and everything else.

Anony/andy:
Thank you!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Varun Abhiram said...

Why no posts? Your life can't be THAT boring :P

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"LOL! So if you are an eligible bachelor having plans of settling down in Switzerland or Sweden or some such place where the anticipated growth rate for the next 10 years is zero or close to zero, YOU ARE THE GUY!"

Guess what 1) I am an eligible bachelor 2) I am in Sweden 3) I was ur hypothetical H then. but i dont think i want 3 children, ;) :P

Ahhh was so good to read abt it after 3 long yrs!!! good times re-lived thru this blog. thnk u.:)

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home