On suddenness, confusion and kids
Lately, kids are what I see almost everyday. Some come home. Some get scared to come home. Some come to office. Some come to my desk for virtual chocolates. Some hate me for fooling them. Some hope to see a dog at random places I point. Bottom line - Kids are almost a part of my life suddenly.
So it was "Bring your child to work day" at office the other day. And there were too many kids obviously. So my friend and I roamed a little to check out the kids (and made some smart conclusions on developers and their taste in women/wives). Little - thanks to all the work she had to do and all the staring I had to do. Its frustrating. Really. Especially when the place is so cool and so perfect to work (... and sleep probably. But I'd prefer to work.) Anyhow, we get to the building of action and we see more kids. Big, small, babies... kids with glasses and kids without them. (Its shocking how eyes can be so badly played with. Its depressing when I can't read things on the board now and there these toddlers wear glasses already. Depressing that too.) So we stood among them and looked around. Feeling totally out of place and expecting some kid to call us aunty and we not realizing it until we get pushed. That didn't happen though. Kids posing with us for pics also did not happen. So we ended up posing together like fools. Besides, I really don't know anyone who'd come with me to work. Except Korean kids ofcourse. But I can't obviously take them. Little too hard to make people believe that I have a Korean husband, leave alone the fact that I have a 10 year old son. :-O
So now, after all that and a lot of thinking, I wish I were some 15 years younger so I'd be a kid myself then. Oh and I also generally wish I had a 1 year old kid. And if there is some kind of stone that'll keep you 1 year old forever I'll buy it for anything. I am just being stupid probably but I really don't know what to do. This work is driving me crazy. Or in my case its the stress of thinking how I'd rather do what everyone else is doing than stare at the world and its unfairness. And somehow this whole "I want to start my life all over again" thought comes up. I realize just how hard it is to take it all as it comes, when you know exactly what to change and how far ahead in time you are to change it. And it ends there.
One has to be one year old all their life. Thats when everything is happy. Thats when you have too little a past that you remember and can look back at. Interestingly, thats when you only have to cry for gems. Thats when people listen to you. Thats when your existence is noticed. Thats the only time you should live all your life.
Crazy maybe but I feel happy thinking about such things. Something that is too hard to get these days... Ok that was a sooper jump from where I was.
Anyhow, I am suddenly supporting chennai super kings now. Actually, I am suddenly watching IPL now. That should tell you how confused I am. Or should I call it confused? Oh, there you have it ...
So it was "Bring your child to work day" at office the other day. And there were too many kids obviously. So my friend and I roamed a little to check out the kids (and made some smart conclusions on developers and their taste in women/wives). Little - thanks to all the work she had to do and all the staring I had to do. Its frustrating. Really. Especially when the place is so cool and so perfect to work (... and sleep probably. But I'd prefer to work.) Anyhow, we get to the building of action and we see more kids. Big, small, babies... kids with glasses and kids without them. (Its shocking how eyes can be so badly played with. Its depressing when I can't read things on the board now and there these toddlers wear glasses already. Depressing that too.) So we stood among them and looked around. Feeling totally out of place and expecting some kid to call us aunty and we not realizing it until we get pushed. That didn't happen though. Kids posing with us for pics also did not happen. So we ended up posing together like fools. Besides, I really don't know anyone who'd come with me to work. Except Korean kids ofcourse. But I can't obviously take them. Little too hard to make people believe that I have a Korean husband, leave alone the fact that I have a 10 year old son. :-O
So now, after all that and a lot of thinking, I wish I were some 15 years younger so I'd be a kid myself then. Oh and I also generally wish I had a 1 year old kid. And if there is some kind of stone that'll keep you 1 year old forever I'll buy it for anything. I am just being stupid probably but I really don't know what to do. This work is driving me crazy. Or in my case its the stress of thinking how I'd rather do what everyone else is doing than stare at the world and its unfairness. And somehow this whole "I want to start my life all over again" thought comes up. I realize just how hard it is to take it all as it comes, when you know exactly what to change and how far ahead in time you are to change it. And it ends there.
One has to be one year old all their life. Thats when everything is happy. Thats when you have too little a past that you remember and can look back at. Interestingly, thats when you only have to cry for gems. Thats when people listen to you. Thats when your existence is noticed. Thats the only time you should live all your life.
Crazy maybe but I feel happy thinking about such things. Something that is too hard to get these days... Ok that was a sooper jump from where I was.
Anyhow, I am suddenly supporting chennai super kings now. Actually, I am suddenly watching IPL now. That should tell you how confused I am. Or should I call it confused? Oh, there you have it ...
Labels: Life
4 Comments:
kids?// office?? where is this 'office'?
hey finally!!! party :p,,,ur a kid urself so y do u need more kids around u..they'll snatch away ur toys
"I wish I were some 15 years younger so I'd be a kid myself then. Oh and I also generally wish I had a 1 year old kid."
You want to be 15 years younger and also have a 1 year old kid?????
Some weird girl you are.
You are a highly confused soul girl.. anyways the post was cool
Poetry directory
Post a Comment
<< Home